Upload to Infura
This tutorial walks you through the steps to pin your metadata and/or media files to Infura. By following this, you'll also set up your Infura account. Pinning increases the visibility of your NFTs across various platforms.
Tip: Distributing and pinning your NFT's information in multiple locations enhances its accessibility and reliability.
- Maize Software: Make sure it's downloaded and setup correctly.
- Infura Account: Sign up (opens in a new tab) for a free Infura account.
- Metadata CIDs: Retrieve the CIDs of your collection's NFTs from this lookup.
- Click the orange 'CREATE NEW API KEY' button.
- In the subsequent modal, choose IPFS, title your project, then select 'CREATE'.
- Infura will ask for credit card details, given the potential to exceed the 5 GB free tier. Once entered, press 'CREATE API KEY'. Your API Key and Secret Key will be visible within your new project. Make a note of them for upcoming steps.
Navigate to the Metadata Section within the Maize Menu. Here, you'll find the Upload to Infura option. Click on it to start.
The 'Infurasettings.json' file will pop open. Insert your API Key in place of 'Your_Infura_Api_Key', and your Secret Key for 'Your_Infura_Secret_Key'. Make sure to save the file afterward.
Note: This step is a one-time process. If you need to alter your keys in the future, you'll find the file in the 'Input\Environment' directory.
In the provided large textbox, insert your metadata CIDs. Ensure you place each CID on a separate line.
Determine your upload preference: choose either 'Upload Metadata', 'Upload Media Files', or both.
Once decided, click
Startto initiate the process. The app will take a moment to process your request.
Once the process completes, the application will auto-launch the generated file for your review. Thoroughly examine its content for accuracy. Furthermore, confirm directly within Infura that your files have successfully uploaded.
You have successfully upload your files to Infura. Well done!